- Profile -
Name: Janan
Age: 2X
Status: Single
Birthday: 6th Sep. 198X
Orientation: Straight

Qualifications:
- Diploma in
- Electronic and Computer
Engineering

Work Experience:
- Admin Work
- Freelance Camp Instructor

Ex Military Unit:
- 1st Commando Battalion
Specialization:
- Demolitions
- Boat Coxswain
-(Assault/Zodiac)
- Paratrooper

Present:
University of
Western Australia:
Bach of Arts
(Communication Studies)

Majors:
- Communication Studies
- English


- Dates of -
- Rememberance -
Enlistment:
- 21st July 2004
ORD:
- 20th July 2006

Civilian again on:
- 200706
- Thursday
- 1050hrs 20secs

Uni Started:
- 19th Feb 2007


- Tagboard -



- Notices -
I tried using a new skin,
but somehow it didn't work
out as nicely.

- Stuff -





- Archives -
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
November 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
September 2007
November 2007
February 2008
September 2008


- Credits -

Design by SyaHiDaH
Template frm BlogSkins
Powered by

Webset © CaCaBiN DeSiGns




Far better it is to dare mighty things.
To win glorious triumphs, 
even though checkered by failures. 

      


Than to rank with those poor spirits, 
who neither suffer much nor enjoy much 
'Cause they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat

Friday, February 16, 2007
My Last Day In Singapore

In about a day, I will be leaving Singapore to pursue my degree at the University of Western Australia in Perth. My holidays of 7 months have come to an end. It all feels kind of surreal at this moment. Just like the time I entered NS and the day I collected my Pinkie. I guess I've been elevated to a plain of fantasy and dreams where things don't seem real to me anymore. Just like the song "Row row row your boat". Life is but a dream...But I did however manage to cross one thing off my list before leaving. I passed my driving test. On the first try too. Anybody want the name of my instructor? He's got quite a high rate of first time passes. His pick up point is at Bukit Gombak MRT station. Drop me a message or something. Still on driving. I did make some mistakes though. 'Steering while stationery, Car roll back less then 1m on slope. Changed lane abruptly. Didn't check the mirror when slowing down /moving off" And that's about it. 18 points too. Noticed I didn't get any "Blind spot" deductions. Supposedly according to my instructor, the tester I got was super strict and has a 90% fail chance. So during the test, I fell back to my 'Operations Mode'. At the beginning of the test, as I started off, I didn't release the handbreak fully. The tester went "your handbreak not fully down". I was thinking "Oh crap..there goes a few points." And then I went into "Ops Mode" Here's a few examples I did.

Tester: Turn left here.
Me: Roger that. Turning left here. Mirror... Clear. Oncoming vehicles...Clear. Blindspot...Clear. Moving off now

When I was approaching Junctions:
Me: Approaching Junction. Slowing down. Junction Check...Clear. Proceeding

At pedestrian's:
Me: Approaching pedestrian crossing. Slowing down. Pedestrian check. Clear. Proceeding

U-Turns:
Me: Approaching U turn. Engaging engine break. Filtering in. Signal on. Checking blindspot. Dropping to 2nd Gear. Stopping. Oncoming vehicle. Clear. Moving off."

I basically gave him a running commentary on what I was doing. But I was rather talking to myself. But making sure he could hear me. You may laugh. But I passed with a super strict tester. THANK GOD!!!

Now all I got to do is wait for my license to get posted to my house and from there to me in perth for conversion. Gonna have a weird time though. I haven't parked without poles yet.


Posted on 2/16/2007 by <$The One$>
Comments: Post a Comment