- Profile -
Name: Janan
Age: 2X
Status: Single
Birthday: 6th Sep. 198X
Orientation: Straight

Qualifications:
- Diploma in
- Electronic and Computer
Engineering

Work Experience:
- Admin Work
- Freelance Camp Instructor

Ex Military Unit:
- 1st Commando Battalion
Specialization:
- Demolitions
- Boat Coxswain
-(Assault/Zodiac)
- Paratrooper

Present:
University of
Western Australia:
Bach of Arts
(Communication Studies)

Majors:
- Communication Studies
- English


- Dates of -
- Rememberance -
Enlistment:
- 21st July 2004
ORD:
- 20th July 2006

Civilian again on:
- 200706
- Thursday
- 1050hrs 20secs

Uni Started:
- 19th Feb 2007


- Tagboard -



- Notices -
I tried using a new skin,
but somehow it didn't work
out as nicely.

- Stuff -





- Archives -
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
November 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
September 2007
November 2007
February 2008
September 2008


- Credits -

Design by SyaHiDaH
Template frm BlogSkins
Powered by

Webset © CaCaBiN DeSiGns




Far better it is to dare mighty things.
To win glorious triumphs, 
even though checkered by failures. 

      


Than to rank with those poor spirits, 
who neither suffer much nor enjoy much 
'Cause they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat

Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Gripe me this....

Okok...I know it's been a long time since I updated...not that I've got 10k hits a day or something..I'd be lucky to have 2 people stumble onto my blog a day....make that a week.

Well, I'm taking time off from writing my essays..2 down, 2 to go. The 3rd one is 90% done..and the 4th..yeah..haven't started that one yet. Bite me.

It's not that cold yet, but I'm sitting here with a double layer of clothes. They don't activate the heaters in the room until nearing winter...and it's like 13degrees at night. Right now, at 1500hrs Gripe Time..it's a balmy 22 Degrees. My toes feel like little ice cubes...At least I am dry with a two nice thermos flasks of hot water to make nice cups of green tea. ANTIOXIDANTS!!!

Uni life has been pretty good for the past month. A total change from the way Singapore does things. In SG your spoon fed.. Here it's.."Ok, here's my material, do what you will with it" and sometimes, after I leave the lecture..I go.."what??" or "who can I see to get that hour of my life back?" Tutorials are fine...Oh, in case you (the unfortunate person who stumbled here), I'm taking
Linguistics, Anthropology, Asian Identities, Creative Writing.
Of which totals up to a grand: 12hr week!!! I get Wednesdays and Fridays off.

I tried writing this for my friendster profile, using things from my Linguistics class:

I do hope you get my semantics by my pragmatics, and there is no syntax error along the way. Pardon me if it seems very arbitrary. It's very locutionary without any illocutionary meanings. But I do hope the perlocutionary is a positive one. Pardon my declaratives. They aren't meant to be imperatives. But if you do have any interrogatives, please go ahead. But I hope my commissives does have a positive outcome, because my expressives seem to be very out of place. It might be however symbolic in such a way of my mental state, but I cannot find anything iconic about it. Maybe everything is just indexical to you. So what am I violating for flouting to you? Am I doing the maxim of Relation, Quantity, Quality or Manner?

Oh right..anyway, I was looking up some stuff on the net for my 'Asian' essay and I kept found that I have another thing that irritates me...you know how some people try to 'act cute' by coming up with a 'cute' mail account?

Here's a few:
naughtyxxxxx@hotmail.com
babyxxxxxx@hotmail.com
littlexxxxx@hotmail.com
cutiepiexxxxxx@hotmail.com

And some of them post pictures up with em hoping to attract flies. Some camera whoring is fine, but when it's profile pic after profile pic after profile pic after profile pic after profile pic, it tends to get very very very very very anoying. If your cute/pretty (I would put handsome, but I'm sure as hell not a faggot) I'd be all for it. Talk about a biased point of view..Guys..don't give me the crap about "it's the personality that counts". We're talking about email adds and pics. You can't tell jack from a photo. I'm inclined to go with Russell Peters on this one when he said: "One of the ugliest girls I've met was called pretty" She came up and said "Hi, I'm Pretty" and Russell goes something like "Not unless you put Nasty at the end"

Ok, I needta get back to my essays. I've written quite a wee bit here today. Drop me a tag, but if you insult me...I'll track you down and spay you.


Posted on 3/28/2007 by <$The One$>
Comments: Post a Comment