- Profile -
Name: Janan
Age: 2X
Status: Single
Birthday: 6th Sep. 198X
Orientation: Straight

Qualifications:
- Diploma in
- Electronic and Computer
Engineering

Work Experience:
- Admin Work
- Freelance Camp Instructor

Ex Military Unit:
- 1st Commando Battalion
Specialization:
- Demolitions
- Boat Coxswain
-(Assault/Zodiac)
- Paratrooper

Present:
University of
Western Australia:
Bach of Arts
(Communication Studies)

Majors:
- Communication Studies
- English


- Dates of -
- Rememberance -
Enlistment:
- 21st July 2004
ORD:
- 20th July 2006

Civilian again on:
- 200706
- Thursday
- 1050hrs 20secs

Uni Started:
- 19th Feb 2007


- Tagboard -



- Notices -
I tried using a new skin,
but somehow it didn't work
out as nicely.

- Stuff -





- Archives -
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
November 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
September 2007
November 2007
February 2008
September 2008


- Credits -

Design by SyaHiDaH
Template frm BlogSkins
Powered by

Webset © CaCaBiN DeSiGns




Far better it is to dare mighty things.
To win glorious triumphs, 
even though checkered by failures. 

      


Than to rank with those poor spirits, 
who neither suffer much nor enjoy much 
'Cause they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat

Wednesday, February 20, 2008
It's late, I'm tired. And I can't sleep

Howdy folks, it's been a long time since I last posted anything. No one seems to notice however. I think the reason for that would mostly because nobody even comes here.

But I did make a bunch of new friends at this company called 'Innotrek' where I worked as an outdoor camp trainer. You know, the typical "build up confidence of the kids, bond them closer' kinda thing. However, I must admit, that some of the kids are a ROYAL P.I.T.A. and deserved to be put down. I don't believe in the soft approach of the pansies at MOE that say that children cannot be punished or scolded too harshly for fear of 'psychological trauma' and the other kinds of bullshit they are giving out. So what is MOE now but a bunch of spineless pencil pushes who hope that someone higher up would see their efforts and reward them? Hence the effort to bend over backwards to the parents. Here's a visual scene for you to imagine: A lone hobbit standing in the field, quivering in fear and pissing his pants while hundreds of orcs bearing down on him. That's MOE right there

My view is simplistic:
1) You scold and punish the child to make him learn from his mistakes. Negative reinforcement. Which in turn brings out children/people who respect the rules and come out straight and decent?
or
2) You coddle the child like he's made of tofu and he grows up to be a person who doesn't care about right from wrong, because he's brought up with a mindset that there are always people for him to hide behind?

I was beaten as a kid and I grew up fine. Here's a list of punishments I went through
1) My ears got pulled
2)My ears got pinched
3)My ears got pinched AND pulled
4)I got slapped
5)I had to slap myself
6) I had to slap my friend who had to slap me
7) I had to stand in the big black dustbin, cross my arms, pull my ears and do squats
8) I had to slap myself on the mouth with the chalkboard duster
9) I had to run downstairs to pick up my exercise book because my handwriting was messy
10) I had to run down again because I didn't come up fast enough.
11) I got smacked around with an exercise book.
12)I had to stand in the corner
13) I got my palm hit with a cane/ruler
14) I got my knuckles hit with a cane/ruler
15)I had to stand on my chair
16)I had to stand on my table
17)I had to squat under my table

Did that do damage to me psychologically? I can't say. But I can say this. In the end, I made it into Commandos, I made it through all the tough training without breaking and deciding to shoot somebody. And I'm not talking about the military kind of training. I was subjected to 'experiences' that does not make the news. Changing parades, doing push-ups on the hot ground in Thailand till we had blisters on our hands. All because we didn't march and sing. Crawling on stones and pebbles because we 'had it coming' Running up and down steep slopes because we were too slow. I got knocked it down after returning from the tekong medical centre after being stung by a scorpion. The officer who carried out the act asked if we had medical problems so I said I was stung by a scorpion. And he went "will it kill you? knock it down with the rest" so with hand throbbing, I knocked it down. Want others? I got a lot more.

And the most important point is that I made it through my entire two years without reprimand or getting any extra duties because I learned from a young age that if you don't screw around with the rules, the people who made those don't screw around with you. Simple as 1,2,3 or smacking a child with a book to make him learn right from wrong.

So what if I find it amusing to destroy the egos of arrogant punks and my heart fills with joy when I see them shed tears. Now they know that there are people around them whom they cannot just give attitude to and walk off for there will be repercussions.
Taint your hearts and Darken your souls people in the aforementioned ministry. If not, you are only going to screw up future generations with your 'kindness' as you did the previous ones with your 'thinking within the box' approach.


Posted on 2/20/2008 by <$The One$>
Comments: Post a Comment